November Monthly Report





November Monthly Report
Currently sitting in the Alpine region of Victoria, 1600m above sea level, I am spending the next month in Falls Creek. I love coming up here to start the new season as the mountain air is amazing. Some snow predicted for next week so we will get an early white Christmas.  Most of November, I was able to relax and catch up with the little things I needed to do including baking a cheesecake. I was one happy chef to say the least- it was gone out of the fridge within a few days!
 
Getting back into the swing of things was hard and I can admit 100m of running down the road and I wanted to stop. Most days, my exercise was walking up and down the 20 stairs in my house. This month we gradually started to ease back into training focussing mostly on our aerobic capacity and strength conditioning work. Alex Price our physiotherapist in Wollongong has helped me out with new exercises after reflecting on what I thought went wrong this year and why my running necessarily didn’t improve. What can I say, I am looking forward to getting some strong glutes and abs and becoming a professional skipper.
 
To end the month, Tamsyn, Grace and myself, all competed in the TRI NSW Womens Triathlon Festival. Just coming off a break, we were there to encourage and support the women who have either competed in many triathlons or who were competing in their first. It was great being back out at Penrith Regatta centre where I competed in my first triathlon just under 3 years ago, It is a great and welcoming environment for all ages and levels. Handing out medals at the end and at presentation was actually a great way to meet and greet the ladies. Without knowing it, so many people, young and old, look up to you and respect what you do. It’s great to see so much encouragement for us out there as developing athletes. Thank you to Phil Dally, for providing us with our entry to race.
 
Charlotte and I were lucky enough to check out our new bikes for next year in Spearmans Cycles, Wollongong, part of the Liv/ Giant range for women. The bike range is specifically for women and as my Giant was a great ride all throughout this year I am looking forward to riding Giant again in 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two weekends. Two races. Two second places

WTS Season!

WTS Abu Dhabi 2018 - my first WTS podium